A family fled their home after dozens of deadly spider known as the banana spider, believed to have a bite that can kill within a few hours - also causing abdominal cramps, hypothermia, blurred vision and convulsions as well as long and painful erections in males burst out of a bunch of bananas they bought from their local supermarket.
Ashley Gamble, partner Sophia Newcombe, and their two daughters were left terrified after dozens of Brazilian wandering spiders - among the most venomous in the world - emerged from a nest that was stuck to banana they’d bought from their local Asda.
The arachnids spilled onto the family’s kitchen floor in what they said was like “something out of a horror movie”, The Sun reported.
The spiders are found throughout South America, particularly in Brazil, but have also been known to travel to North America and Europe in bananas.
Mr Gamble reportedly try to suck the unwelcome visitors up with a vacuum cleaner, but is terrified he may have missed some of the poisonous arachnids so fled the house with his family.
The forklift truck driver is now staying with his parents and is refusing to return to the house until Asda pays for it to be fumigated.
Asda has apologised to the Ashley and said the incident was “extremely rare”.
But the 28-year-old said they had ‘fobbed him off’, first offering him a refund for the bananas then telling him the spiders would “die soon anyway”.
“It’ll cost hundreds of pounds to have the house fumigated and I just don’t have the money,” he told The Sun.
“There is no way we’re going back until the house is completely cleared.
“I just can’t risk it with the children.”