Now that all is set for the commencement of the Federal Government's N-Power programme in Nigeria, An initiative which will see the federal government of Nigeria empower 500,000 youths by developing programmes to engage youths in entrepreneurship, skill development, handiwork and teaching, among others.
1. The Teacher Corps is for HND and B.sc/B.A/B.Ed graduates.
2. The Teacher Corps programme shall engage 500,000 unemployed graduates and deploy them to schools to teach
3. Applicants must have completed the compulsory National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) programme.
4. The Teacher Corps programme is meant for only those within the age brackets of 18-35 years.
5. N-Power Teach on the portal, is one of the three direct job creation and training schemes Nigerians can start applying for. Others are N-Power Knowledge, which will train 25,000 Nigerians in the area of technology, and N-Power Build, which train another 75,000 in the areas of building services, construction, utilities, hospitality and catering, automotive vocations, aluminium and gas services.
6. The Teacher Corps recruits will work for two years.
7. N-power is a volunteer service to the nation and not an offer of employment from the federal government.
8. Monthly pay is pegged at N23000.
9. The Teacher Corps recruitment is not automatic, Prospective corps members shall fill an application, pass an aptitude and other relevant tests.
10. Technicalities such as reports/clearance will be in place to avoid ghost-workers.
11. Recruits must demonstrate reading, writing and teaching skills
12. Applicants must prove that they are currently unemployed.
13. At the end of the programme, corps members will be presented with the National Skills Certificate.