N0. 1 Blog for Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria

Literary Openings, Gadgets and News in Nigeria | Duketundesblog: Pensioner pulled from rubble after his home was destroyed in gas explosion as he refill cigarette lighter

Thursday, 10 December 2015

Pensioner pulled from rubble after his home was destroyed in gas explosion as he refill cigarette lighter

An 82-year-old pensioner had to be pulled from from beneath a pile of rubble of what used to be his house in Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex with his hair on fire after his house was destroyed as he tried to refill his gas cigarette lighter.
Mann's House after the devastating explosion
Charles Mann was rescued from under his home in Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex, by neighbours around 7.30pm on Tuesday.

The 82-year-old suffered only minor injuries but his £250,000 property was destroyed after the roof caved in and outer walls collapsed.

Mr Mann's neighbours have spoken out about how they were forced to pull him from the rubble.
Michael Leverett, who lives nearby, said: 'We didn't think about it, we just wanted to get him out.
'The old boy was sitting in his wheelchair with the flames around him. His hair was on fire but we managed to lift him to safety.'

The house before the explosion.
Mr Mann's son, John, heard the explosion and initially feared his father had been killed.
He said: 'I saw him sitting in the chair with his hair on fire. I thought he was dead. The roof was on the ground and my dad was just sitting there.
'Then I saw him move and realised he was alright. It was horrific, there are no words to describe it. He was amazingly lucky.'

1 comment:

  1. He is lucky to be alive. What smoking will cause ehen




    Www.trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting DTB today, Your opinion counts, Please drop your comments, opinion and advise in the comment section. Thanks again and don't forget to bookmark us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...